Here is how His Way Out Ministries reports on its recent, October trip to Trinidad & Tobago. If they can’t get the name of UWI right or the fact they were in an engineering lecture room in the corner of the campus, you can imagine many of the other details are pretty imaginative. But we will make a mas again celebrating Trinidad & Tobago’s resilience to imported homophobia when Phillip comes back for Carnival.
At no time was the expression “war on same-sex attraction” ever used during the entire time in Trinidad. The wording was unfortunate and addressed by myself and Hospital Christian Fellowship through various and numerous media outlets.
Aside from the Prayer Breakfast at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Pastor Phillip shared in numerous schools, a Youth Rally, shared at Agape Bible Ministries Church, was a guest on two radio programs, held a training seminar for pastors and Christian leaders in Tobago, and met with the Mayor of Port of Spain in which the Mayor requested training for his staff on the complexities of homosexuality. The trip ultimately concluded with Pastor Phillip speaking at the University of the West in Trinidad which was held in the Lecture Center on the campus.
Hospital Christian Fellowship, a Christian organization comprised of medical doctors and lawyers, could not have been more hospitable with focus and emphasis on every trip detail from beginning to end. Presently, Hospital Christian Fellowship is discussing the possibility of a return trip to Trinidad possibly in March of 2011. With the huge amount of individuals, families and church leaders approaching Pastor Phillip at each and every venue during the trip, Trinidad and Tobago stands on the threshold of birthing and offering ministry to those struggling with the complexities of same-gender attraction.
For our side of the story, read and watch:
- The real story: tune in
- Brendon O’Brien on ieTV
- Lying, ducking and hiding (misinformation during the visit, including the “war on same-sex attraction” line)
- Christians declare war on love: don’t let them outshout you (Saturday, Day 1: the “youth rally” protest in South)
- Resisting the war on love, Day 2: Can young people get some credit in the media? Providence! (Sunday, Day 2: media houses & MovieTowne)
- Resisting the war on love Pt. 3 (Monday, Day 3: Emmanuel Community, Lee’s stump speech, public opinion)
- Resisting the war on love: Day 4 (Tuesday, Day 4: miscellanea)
- We take a pride in our liberty (background analysis on His Way Out Ministries, the evangelical Christian Right, the global ex-gay ministry, why they are coming to the Caribbean, and the rationale behind CAISO response)